hardwire voice outs to single jack outs internally?

• Topic
    • Voices

Home Forums Instruments PULSAR-23 hardwire voice outs to single jack outs internally?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Fabian

hi, this instrument is just fantastic!!  – quick question. I am considering installing an internal connection between the voice outs and the jack outs, simply because thats what I use them for and it would declutter the workspace having ch 1- 4 del / rev out hardwired internally.

how would I go about it ideally?

is there anyhing that would speak aginst that?

thanks !fabian

#6785 Reply

SomaLabs
      Keymaster
        Yes, it is possible.
        The simplest way is to remove the voice PCBs and connect the corresponding pins with wires.
        I recommend using shielded wires with a grounded shield to avoid crosstalk that the wires may cause.
        #6798 Reply

Fabian

thank you! I have a follow-up question

-is it also possible to pick up the signal post-vol and hardwire that to the single outs?

#6799 Reply

SomaLabs
          Keymaster
            Yes it’s possible of course but needs a more complex invasion.
            The simplest solution – just to pick up the signal from the middle pin of the VOL pot.
            #6786 Reply

Kevin

I just wanted to share what I’ve done that is along the same lines. I just put alligator clips on the ends of some 1/4in cables for the output pins:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18FLYU0jXdfMcUVaLm60Qr-sTO_tAss7-/view?usp=sharing

#6788 Reply

noiseg33k
              Participant

I know it isn’t internal but wanted to share another option. You can also make 1/4in to alligator cables and just leave them connected to the output pins. The slightly larger cables lay down nicely in-between the pins and don’t really obstruct anything.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/98anou7or77JJ9WM9

#6809 Reply

Fabian

interesting! thats a good idea, thanks for sharing

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                Reply To: hardwire voice outs to single jack outs internally?
                Your information:

Copyright by SOMA Laboratory (This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.) Privacy & Cookies Policy
                  Right Menu Icon