Individual Voice Volume

• Topic
    • Voices

Home Forums Instruments Rumble of Ancient Times Individual Voice Volume

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

WiretapStudios
    Participant

Other than completely shutting it off, is there any easy way to reduce the volume of one of the voices using the matrix? Sometimes I’d like to drop one of the overly distorted voices for example. I can tinker with it of course, but I thought maybe there was a faster way I’m overlooking.

#9470 Reply

SomaLabs
      Keymaster

No, you cannot adjust the volume of individual voices.

We can roughly adjust the volume by changing the signal mixing scheme by turning the 4th pot on the 6th page. Sometimes it gives results.

#12649 Reply

Ian

As much as I love RoAT (and I really do!), individual / separate volume adjustment would be a wonderful addition to the device’s features. Especially when one oscillator influences an other one, it would be awesome if the amount of influence could be adjusted. For example, the FM algorithm in most cases produces a lot of mess (which can be a good thing of course, nevertheless it would be wonderful if it would be possible to route only let’s say 10% of the signal into the other signal). For me personally, I find most sweet spots when an oscillator is not at full volume (for example via attack / decay, or volume LFOs), but of course due to the nature of att/dec/lfos, those sweet spots become very temporally limited…

If at any time there will be a RoAT v2, I think individual volume adjustment would be the most valuable upgrade <3 As said, nevertheless I love RoAT as it is and will happily continue digging for sweet spots 🙂

#13977 Reply

funktree
          Participant

+1

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          Reply To: Individual Voice Volume
          Your information:

Copyright by SOMA Laboratory (This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.) Privacy & Cookies Policy
            Right Menu Icon