Lyra 8 DIY cost

• Topic
    • Voices

Home Forums Instruments LYRA-8 DIY Lyra 8 DIY cost

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Kevin Olson

Could anyone kindly share an estimate of the cost to source and build the Lyra-8 DIY kit (without the Soma supplied parts or case). Specifically, I am looking for USA prices, but anything would help.   I would appreciate it very much!

thanks,

Kevin

#6100 Reply

SomaLabs
      Keymaster

Hi Kevin,

It really depends on from whom you purchase parts (mouser.com or others suppliers) and what you desire for your final build to be. It could be on the cheaper side or an expensive side , like a hot rod style case :).. I’ve heard through the grapevine, that for a few folks, the total came out to be somewhere around 300-500 USD excluding the kit.

#7238 Reply

Michael

After my build is almost finished:

(living in Germany) I’ve spend about 75€ for electronic parts (resistors, caps, ics…), wires, standoffs included (reichelt + 3-4 parts from ebay)

30€ for pots and switches (tayda)

and about 25€ for some nice bakelite knobs (musikding).

If you are able to make the case/panel on your own, and have a psu lying around somwhere you can build a Lyra8 for 250€ (~300$) including the kit.

hope that helps

#7294 Reply

apollonianclockwork
          Participant

Michael,

thanks for sharing your experience with building the LYRA-8 DIY.
            As I live in Germany as well, I would be very much interested, if you could provide the BOM of the parts you used, that proved working, given that it’s no big deal for you time and effort wise.

Cheers!

Marvin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          Reply To: Lyra 8 DIY cost
          Your information:

Copyright by SOMA Laboratory (This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.) Privacy & Cookies Policy
            Right Menu Icon