Midi and Looper recorder

• Topic
    • Voices

Home Forums Instruments PULSAR-23 Midi and Looper recorder

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Don Priola

Quick question: I believe in the manual it said it is possible to sequence the Pulsar with midi, and still record using the looper recorder at the same time. It seems like that’s not possible, however; I easily sequenced the Pulsar 23 with my Digitakt, but could use the looper recorder. Am I missing something? I’ve never been very good with Midi, so I’d appreciate the help. Thank you!!! Don

#8255 Reply

Joe
      Participant

You can’t record the MIDI sequence into the looper-recorder but you can use the looper-recorder while sequencing the pulsar via MIDI. Only “manually played” steps will be recorded.

#8256 Reply

Don Priola

I understand that, thank you, but my point of confusion is thus: I have sequenced the Pulsar via the Digitakt. But I also want to manually play the looper recorder for some manually feel, and it won’t record. Am I missing a setting? It seems like if you set the Pulsar to be midi sequenced, it cancels out the looper recorder.

Again, I appreciate your first answer.

#8266 Reply

noiseg33k
          Participant

Its possible you need to lower the velocity of incoming MIDI notes/triggers sent to the pulsar, the velocity may be too high to notice/hear what you’re playing in manually.

#8279 Reply

devn

Are you sure you’re sending MIDI clock to the Pulsar? The clock module should be in MIDI mode, and blinking green to indicate it’s receiving clock from your Digitakt.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            Reply To: Midi and Looper recorder
            Your information:

Copyright by SOMA Laboratory (This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.) Privacy & Cookies Policy
              Right Menu Icon