Pulsar-23 FAQ

• Topic
    • Voices

Home Forums Instruments PULSAR-23 Pulsar-23 FAQ

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

SomaLabs
    Keymaster

Hello Friends,

We’ll attempt to compile frequently asked questions here as we receive them. If you have any questions, tips or such please feel free to reply to this post, and we’ll add them as we go, thanks : )

• When I connect external audio signal to EXT pins of BASS, SD or HHT modules I hear external signal normally but the BASS, SD or HHT audio becomes very quiet, can barely be heard. Is my Pulsar 23 malfunctioning or am I missing something?
      The EXT IN in pin on all Pulsar channels works according to the principle of balance of input and output impedance. The ratio of it defines the mix between module\ext signals.
      So when you connect something to an EXT IN, the sound of the module significantly decreases cause mixing starts to work.
      The BD channel has a different chain than the rest of the modules because it has a waveshaper at the end instead of a resonant filter.
      All EXT INs are connected before the filter and only in BD the IN is connected before the waveshaper.
      That is why it works with EXT signal in another way and has another input impedance and mixing.
      However, in the BD channel, you can significantly change the mix of EXT\module sounds using the DRIVE knob.
      Also, you can significantly change mixing in any module by changing the output impedance of the EXT signal source. (try to use the Attenuators)

#6442 Reply

VTX-69
      Participant

Доброго времени суток, уважаемая редакция!
        Житель Санкт- Петербурга передает вам следующий вопрос: как отвязать midi назначения или, попросту, сбросить их? Мануал прочитан, ответ не найден.

#6548 Reply

mechno
        Participant

I have the same question as above

#6549 Reply

mechno
          Participant

Pulsar is tricking me with midi!!!
            In the beginning all midi connection worked perfect:

ch.1 – BD, ch.2-BASS, ch.3-SN, ch.4-HH

But recently Pulsar stoped responding to previous (above) midi setup and triggers All modules from midi ch.1 simultaneously.

By some manipulations with LRN buttons I tried to separate some of the models and tried to assign them to their corresponding number (channel) but still no result. If BASS and HH modules responded to midi info from ch.2 and ch.4, BD started to copy the midi info of ch.4 and SN module triggered against, not in time with midi info ch.3

How to bring it back to midi sanity and what went wrong?

I use Octatrack MKii and Ableton 10 and AudioFuse rev2

#6553 Reply

SomaLabs
            Keymaster

From the manual:

To clear all learned MIDI functions, simultaneously press the LRN buttons of BD, BASS,
              SD and HHT modules (the four buttons at the bottom).

#6575 Reply

mechno
              Participant

Thank You! It did help. Midi communication is back.

#8458 Reply

Arseniy
                Participant

Приветствую.
                  Можно ли использовать MIDI-конвертор Pulsar-23, как преобразователь MIDI-сообщений из DAW (например Reaper) в источник сигналов Gate и 1 v/oct? Если да, то как настроить такое преобразование?

#13929 Reply

Anthony Paul

Hi

I cant seem to copy and paste from banks on Pulsar following the steps am I missing something or might there be something a miss with my Pulsar Unit ?

#13930 Reply

noiseg33k
                    Participant

Anthony,

Please remember the channels you wish to copy to must be in REC mode to accept any copying. It will also only copy for as long as you are holding down the copy/paste command. If you’re still have issues getting it to work feel free to email [email protected] and we can schedule a video call to sort it out.

#13932 Reply

Anthony

Hi Guys

Thanks a million for the speedy reply . Great let me give it another go.

I will get back asap.

-A

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      Reply To: Pulsar-23 FAQ
                      Your information:

Copyright by SOMA Laboratory (This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.) Privacy & Cookies Policy
                        Right Menu Icon