Voice cancelation on 5/6 and 7/8

• Topic
    • Voices

Home Forums Instruments LYRA-8 Voice cancelation on 5/6 and 7/8

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Jim Q

Hello. I recently purchased my Lyra 8 and I noticed when sweeping through the pitch with the tune knob for oscillators 5/6 (and 7/8) that if the tunings are really close they seem to cancel each other. The audio drops in volume significantly and is the signal is distorted. This occurs only when playing the two together though. if i play each separately they each sounds normal. maybe there is some sort of comb filtering happening or antiphase cancelation. but it only seems to happen on oscillators 5/6 and 7/8. It is most noticeable on 5/6 and 7/8 when I set everything to the left turn all modulation switches off. put the master pitch at 12 o’clock. and set the sub tune knobs to 2 o’clock-ish. Then slowly adjust the knobs until  the audio drops and distorts. Do others have this issue? is this expected behavior?

#9557 Reply

SomaLabs
      Keymaster

This is typical phase shifting that occurs when frequencies are close. It is normal.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      Reply To: Voice cancelation on 5/6 and 7/8
      Your information:

Copyright by SOMA Laboratory (This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.) Privacy & Cookies Policy
        Right Menu Icon