FLUX firmware update
-
- Topic
- Voices
- Last Post
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Home / Forums / Instruments / FLUX / FLUX firmware update
We just updated the firmware for FLUX, it can be downloaded from our site.
Changes:
Improved smoothness of transitions when switching presets and parameters.
New firmware update:
V1.2 Release date 08.04.2025 Manual V1.0 Algorithms V1.1 --------------- Improved WAVETABLE algorithm variation A (now release works)
V1.3 Release date 25.06.2025 Manual V1.0 Algorithms V1.1 --------------- Reverberator is improved.
hello, I have tired with two different usb drives to update my flux to the new firmware. But I insert a usb drive and turn it on, and the usb just doesn’t get recognised. My flux ignores it completely. I’m on mac and formatted the drive to fat32
Any ideas of what I might do?
Don’t use a USB drive that’s bigger than 8GB, and keep trying different drives until one works.
Buying different USB drives and see which one works is the only solution?
A bit annoying that there is nowhere to be found why and how the process fails, nor recommended brands that will work. (Soma could at least make a list imho).
I’ve mailed customer service and see how they respond. But I’m not going out just buying USB drives that I don’t need for anything else.
Anyone else has a recommendation for a particular brand that is working with theirs?
If using a mac, make sure the flash drive is formatted to MS-DOS (fat32).
I tried 3 different flash drives of different sizes and different brands, all worked as long as they were in the MS-DOS format.
One was an 8GB LEXAR V40, nothing else on the drive but the .smf file, no issues.
Second was a 4GB Yamaha branded drive, nothing else on the drive but the .smf file, no issues.
Third was a 32GB Sandisc Cruiser, half filled with other documents and wav and midi files, but the flux firmware was the only .smf file, still worked with no issues.
I believe the most important things are the MS-DOS (FAT32) format, that the update .smf file is on the root directory, and that the name of the update file hasn’t been changed (like if it was downloaded multiple times, make sure it didn’t add a (1) to the end of the file name or something)
thanks for that information. I am on a mac, and I formatted 2 drives to MS-DOS. One of 1GB and one of 16GB. .smf file is in the root folder. Nothing. I’m bginning to think that there is something wrong with my unit.