Having Trouble with Firmware Update and/or USB

    • Topic
    • Voices
    • Posts
    • Last Post

Home / Forums / Instruments / FLUX / Having Trouble with Firmware Update and/or USB

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #17461 Reply

    feflower

      Hello,

      I’ve tried three different thumb drives with the firmware.

      I tried updating the firmware, and I am not successful.

      I am not getting the “X” error message.

      I am getting the usual “c” with the rotating LED lights. And I can play the Flux as normal.

      To test further, I also tried using a thumb drive to save presets, but even this I am not getting the USB icon.

      Might anyone provide some guidance?

      Thank you very much

      #17462 Reply

      jimmy
      Participant

        Based on experience:

        Use as small a drive as possible, no larger than 8GB. Keep trying different drives of this type until one works. There’s no explaining why some drives work and some don’t. You just have to keep swapping in a different, small drive until you find one that works, then keep that one separate exclusively for use with the FLUX.

        #17463 Reply

        feflower

          Thank you Jimmy,

          My greatest fear is that something is faulty with the FLUX USB slot…..so I am glad to hear that there is still a chance that it may not be.  I’ve tried a 256MB and a 16 GB.   I will keep searching for a compatible drive.

           

          Many thanks again.

           

          #18543 Reply

          moogyloogy59
          Participant

            I am having the same issue.Suggest a Us drive Brand ?

            #18548 Reply

            moogyloogy59
            Participant

              Not only can I not get FLUX ,into USB MODE.I also cannot USB power the Breakout Box.Anyone have any ideas

              #18550 Reply

              hype

                im having similar issue. usb stick update not working, followed all steps….

                #18551 Reply

                moogyloogy59
                Participant

                  Not only has trying different USB THUMB DRIVES,yeilding

                  no results,I tried to power up

                  The Break Out Box,nothing.I am confident,that the FLUX USB PORT is defective.I tried to power up the Breakout Box,with my phone charger,and it powered up.Posts about using

                  Multiple USB thumb drives,of 8 gig,is Bull.I know now,it is a defective USB Jack,on the FLUX.

                  NOW WHAT.GOOD MONEY AFTER BAD?

                  #18552 Reply

                  noiseg33k
                  Moderator

                    You must use a low capacity drive formatted to Fat32. Try a 1 GB drive, it’s what I use.

                    The BoB will not receive power until the Flux has been updated so the lack of power to the BoB is expected.

                    #18560 Reply

                    Hype

                      found a very small usb 2gb stick in my trash pile and finally got the system update, breakout box working. After spending hours tinkering with midi assignment – I can’t help but wonder why soma just didn’t use the flux internal usb to allow computer midi control….

                      #19380 Reply

                      dhoinjo
                      Participant

                        I am using a 1GB stick, freshly formatted to fat32, and flux doens’t see it. I have tried a larger one og 16GB, also freshly formatted, and flux doesn’t recognise it. Please advise.

                        #19381 Reply

                        dhoinjo
                        Participant

                          same symptoms:

                          I tried updating the firmware, and I am not successful.

                          I am not getting the “X” error message.

                          I am getting the usual “c” with the rotating LED lights. And I can play the Flux as normal.

                          #19382 Reply

                          dhoinjo
                          Participant

                            is there any other way to update the firmware?

                             

                            #19385 Reply

                            dhoinjo
                            Participant

                              or could anyone advise a certain brand that is working with theirs?

                              #19392 Reply

                              ground_grown
                              Moderator

                                If using a mac, make sure the flash drive is formatted to MS-DOS (fat32).

                                I tried 3 different flash drives of different sizes and different brands, all worked as long as they were in the MS-DOS format.

                                One was an 8GB LEXAR V40, nothing else on the drive but the .smf file, no issues.

                                Second was a 4GB Yamaha branded drive, nothing else on the drive but the .smf file, no issues.

                                Third was a 32GB Sandisc Cruiser, half filled with other documents and wav and midi files, but the flux firmware was the only .smf file, still worked with no issues.

                                I believe the most important things are the MS-DOS (FAT32) format, that the update .smf file is on the root directory, and that the name of the update file hasn’t been changed (like if it was downloaded multiple times, make sure it didn’t add a (1) to the end of the file name or something)

                                #19397 Reply

                                dhoinjo
                                Participant

                                  as I replied in the other thread: thanks for the info, but I have done all that (the formatting). Guess I’ll have to order a new USB drive of one of those brands.

                                   

                                Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                Reply To: Having Trouble with Firmware Update and/or USB
                                Your information:





                                  Copyright by SOMA Laboratory privacy_link_footer2
                                  Right Menu Icon