Loading tuning from one preset into current

• Topic
    • Voices

Home Forums Instruments TERRA Loading tuning from one preset into current

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

kjearadio
    Participant

I have not had any luck loading a tuning stored in another preset into another currently active preset. The manual I have says this can be done by pressing L + Y (tuning fork symbol) then selecting the bank and then A-D/1-12.

When I press L+Y the top of the triangle is lit and I cannot change it.

coincidentally, I have tried L+Y+H(parameter) and it gives a new reading in the triangle, I can change the triangle, but the switches aren’t mutually exclusive. I can’t find this combo in the manual, anyone know what this does?

#14138 Reply

SomaLabs
      Keymaster

Please update the firmware to the latest version. This feature was added in later firmware versions and may not exist in the one currently on your Terra:

FIRMWARE / TERRA

L+Y+H(parameter) enters Terra into MIDI Mode where you set one of 3 different MIDI modes for Terra. Please see the manual for the explanations on the three MIDI modes.

With the latest firmware, holding that combination and then pressing Echo puts Terra into Omnichord mode where pressed notes follow the tuning of the incoming MIDI notes:

V1.4 
        Release date 18.11.2023
        Changes have not yet been put to the manual.

Added "OmniChord" mode. 
        While setting MIDI mode (L+Y(TUNE)+H(Parametric Hold)) press ECHO sensor for toggling "OmniChord" mode on\off.  
        When the mode is on it receives notes from the MIDI IN on the channel that is set as Terra MIDI channel number (see MIDI OUTPUT)
        and assign it to TERRA sensors from 1 to how many keys you pressed simultaneously. 
        This way, you can turn TERRA to a harp that changes its tuning according to the harmony of your composition. 
        You can connect a MIDI sequencer that sends to TERRA notes of the current chord, using up to all 12 TERRA's sensors 
        with octaves, 7th and all richness and just make a stroke across the notes sensors and TERRA will play in the perfect tune
        with your composition.
        After powering on TERRA, the "OmniChord" mode is in off state (default).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      Reply To: Loading tuning from one preset into current
      Your information:

Copyright by SOMA Laboratory (This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.) Privacy & Cookies Policy
        Right Menu Icon