One voice doesn’t seem to tune like the rest of the voices.

    • Topic
    • Voices
    • Posts
    • Last Post

Home / Forums / Instruments / LYRA-8 / One voice doesn’t seem to tune like the rest of the voices.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #12662 Reply

    Michael

      I have everything set to 0 and each voice in the middle position so no modulation should be happening. When I play a voice and move the tune knob for each voice the key changes smoothly as it should. However it doesn’t seem to respond the same way for voice #3. When I move that tune knob the key gets all wobbly like there is a lot of modulation. Eventually it will stop soundy all wobbly and stick the a key but I don’t understand why the it’s not smooth like all the other voice. It just seems like this one voice in unstable or something and not acting like it should (I understand this machine is an unable beast). Any ideas? Am I missing something?

      #19336 Reply

      HFM

        This board seems underpopulated (tho how many people own a Lyra?!?), so hope this response reaches its asker – I have a similar ‘issue’ with voice #6 & its relationship with that pair’s MOD control, but have long since embraced this as both a ‘feature’ and a quirk; as long as the device doesn’t fail (cos who could repair it?), for me it adds a functional indeterminacy to the device as a whole, and have embraced this, esp live.

        It did worry me initially, but has remained for some years at least predictable in its unpredictability!

      Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      Reply To: One voice doesn’t seem to tune like the rest of the voices.
      Your information:





        Copyright by SOMA Laboratory privacy_link_footer2
        Right Menu Icon