Cosmos new main firmware M1.2.smf

• Topic
    • Voices

Home Forums Instruments COSMOS Cosmos new main firmware M1.2.smf

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

frank
    Participant

After playing a bit with the looper firmware R1.2, I installed M1.2, the main firmware’s newest version. A little thing appears to have changed: when hitting “record”, the two LED indicator lights change color while being active. Before it was just one Color permanently. Nothing else seems to have changed, but as I have Cosmos just since some days, I am wondering, what else might be different. Certainly I have version M1.1 still available.

Anyway: when you do changes to the firmwares, please consider writing a short release note about changes done.

PS: I love the Cosmos. In the standard version, the random drones it creates, it’s a blast. Waiting for more Soma instruments to come. It´s a new world to discover.

#9375 Reply

SomaLabs
      Keymaster

Hi Frank,

The updated firmware reduces audible clicks, that is all. The LEDs are yellow, what do you mean with that they change color? If you’d like to record a video to show us, feel free to email it to [email protected]

Thanks,
        Soma support

#9376 Reply

frank
        Participant

Thank you, support.

The changing colors was rhythmic in ca 1 second steps directly after installation. I just wondered. After restarting the Cosmos two hours later, the blinking phenomena was over.

As we know from the manual, the Cosmos is unpredictable.

Have a great day

#9395 Reply

inane
          Participant

Yes, +1 with the release notes with the changes. It is mandatory to inform to the users about the current development status.

#9400 Reply

SomaLabs
            Keymaster

All Cosmos firmware updates are just rare bug fixes to make switching algorithms even smoother, everything else is identical. There were no changes done to the LED lights or anything else on Cosmos. Since the functionality remains identical we only provide the latest versions on our website and newly produced Cosmos units.

Soma support

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            Reply To: Cosmos new main firmware M1.2.smf
            Your information:

Copyright by SOMA Laboratory (This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.) Privacy & Cookies Policy
              Right Menu Icon