New TERRA firmware update v1.2 now available!

• Topic
    • Voices

Home Forums Instruments TERRA New TERRA firmware update v1.2 now available!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

SomaLabs
    Keymaster

It adds a user requested feature:

* Added a possibility to tune sensors using a MIDI keyboard.
      Connect a MIDI keyboard to TERRA MIDI IN. Hold down Y(tuning sensor) and the sensor you want to tune and press the necessary key on the MIDI keyboard.
      The MIDI channel doesn’t matter. This operation resets the sensor’s microtonal adjustment to zero

#13369 Reply

alanshortt

Anyone had any problems  updating firmware ? The manual hints there may be  and I’ve tried 3 different USBs all FAT 32  reformatted (via MAC DiskUtility) all 16 GB

Thank you

#13370 Reply

alanshortt

EDIT –  worked with and old 2GB  FAT 16 thumbdrive  Thank you

#14047 Reply

Charles

I’m also having issues. Presumably because I’m using a Mac to format the USB stick. smh… is there a solution or do I need to find someone with a windows machine to format and download the update? TERRA doesn’t like a drive with Apple’s fingerprints on it. I’d like to be able to make back ups of my patches. Will TERRA read the USB stick after it’s been inserted into a Mac and the patches transferred?

#14067 Reply

Gsnorgathon

Not necessarily because you’re using a Mac. I had to try two USB sticks to update my firmware. They were both the same brand, but the second one worked on my Terra and the first didn’t. If you’ve got an Intel Mac, you could try running a free OS on VirtualBox and use that to format your USB stick. I don’t know if there’s free virtualization software for Mx Macs. There may also be free disk formatting utilities you could try.

#14099 Reply

PeterJungX

@Charles Terra only supports older style USB 2.0 sticks, newer USB 3.0 won’t work. Also the stick needs to have an MS-DOS FAT file system on it. You can check the file system by right-clicking the drive and selecting “Get Info” from the context menu. To change the file system, you need to erase the stick. With the stick plugged into your Mac, open the Disk Utility app, select the drive to the left, then hit Erase in the toolbar, then select “MS-DOS (FAT)” from the Format menu and hit “Erase”.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              Reply To: New TERRA firmware update v1.2 now available!
              Your information:

Copyright by SOMA Laboratory (This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.) Privacy & Cookies Policy
                Right Menu Icon