PULSAR MIDI INTERMITTENT / NOT WORKING / WTF???!!! DRIVING ME INSANE!!!!!

• Topic
    • Voices

Home Forums Instruments PULSAR-23 PULSAR MIDI INTERMITTENT / NOT WORKING / WTF???!!! DRIVING ME INSANE!!!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

MARC

I have one of the first batch of P 23s, got it early in 2020.   Just started trying to use the MIDI features….ie: i want to sequence it from another device.

The Green MIDI light indicator next to the Vol knob doesn’t seem to recognize signal consistently … sometimes works for 3 minutes flawlessly then starts blinking red and then doesn’t respond at all.

The LEARN buttons work intermittently … sometimes i get a connection other times not.

I have had it start right up, syncing tempo no problem from Master device, Learn function on the Bass module is great playing different notes from seq/keyboard, Bass Shape linked to the MOD wheel…. ALLLLLL is good………………..Then just STOPS WORKING!!@!!!

What is the problem???   Do I have a unit w/ a faulty MIDI or CPU section????  Literally INFURIATING!!!

is there anything I can do to RESET the operating system?  I have tried the 2 learn buttons on the BASS module to no avail.

Have tried MULTIPLE MASTER devices…. DRUMBrute, Microkorg, Beatstep, Korg ESX, DAW control from iConnect 4 Plus…..

LOVE the P23 , its not that much use to my set up if I cant control via MIDI….NEED to sort this out, any incite is appreciated.

#8411 Reply

MARC

I just noticed the (PRESS ALL modules Learn buttons reset…..) Did NOT work for my situation.  AT a loss here, at my wits end w/ this ****

#8412 Reply

SomaLabs
        Keymaster

Hi Marc,

Early P23 do not have the reset MIDI function, this is why it likely does nothing for you.

The other behavior does not sound normal. Please send an email to Soma tech support at [email protected] with the serial number, an explanation of how you are trying to send MIDI messages and a video showing what you are trying to do. We will analyze what could be going on.

Thanks,

Soma tech support

#8413 Reply

noiseg33k
          Participant

You may have already tried this, but have you tried a different midi cable? They can get crimped/pins lose connection etc. Worth a try.

#8471 Reply

MARC

Just got around to sending a message to tech support, also video of the problem.  And yeah, I tried another midi cable.  Basically that was the first stop.  I work as an AV technician and am quite familiar with trouble shooting.

#8537 Reply

Dieter

Hi Marc,

I use the P23 together with my Octatrack MK2 and it works fine over Midi, after P23 learns Midi in.

P23 is getting Midi in from OT  via OT Midi Channel 1 – 4 (1 kick, 2, bass, ….)

#11991 Reply

bert

Hi did you got solution to this. I have not quite same thing, but when pushing midi learn on p23 and elektron rytm II midi goes to p23 and everything is like it should be, but when i start the sequence the midi is red and p23 doesnt play.

#13295 Reply

Matt Barker

I’m also getting the same as Bert, when i play sequence on Digitakt i get Red light . But if i press the triggers it plays fine, with green light.

#13354 Reply

Stu

Same issue. Using Digitakt to try to sequence Pulsar with Midi. I can play each Pulsar track manually with Digitakt’s keys, but once I hit “Play” on Digitakt’s sequencer, the midi light on the Pulsar (next to the Volume knob) flashes red. It does not function.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    Reply To: PULSAR MIDI INTERMITTENT / NOT WORKING / WTF???!!! DRIVING ME INSANE!!!!!
                    Your information:

Copyright by SOMA Laboratory (This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.) Privacy & Cookies Policy
                      Right Menu Icon