When stacking multiple clips to trigger inputs, the velocity/volume goes down

• Topic
    • Voices

Home Forums Instruments ORNAMENT-8 When stacking multiple clips to trigger inputs, the velocity/volume goes down

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

napotronix
    Participant

When I try to connect multiple steps of the Ornament-8’s Pulsar-23 outputs to the trigger inputs on the Pulsar-23 by attaching multiple alligator clips, the velocity per trigger goes down severely. I’ve tried using some amplification from the Pulsar-23 Utilities, but that doesn’t seem to work. Is there a solution for this?

Example: I want to connect step 1 and step 5 of the Ornament to the Pulsar-23’s Bass Drum module. So I attach an alligator clip to the Pulsar-23 output on step 1 and another to the Pulsar-23 output on step 5. Both alligator clips are then connected to (‘stacked on’) the trigger input of the Bass Drum. The sound I now get is really soft. When only one clip is connected, it sounds normal. I have connected the GND pins of the Pulsar-23 and Ornament-8.

#13979 Reply

napotronix
      Participant

This was resolved through email, but I’ll post the answer here for those who might stumble on this post with the same problem:

“For that kind of situation the user has to use trigger converters. It allows to overcome a conflict between two pulsar outputs of  Ornament. While one output is high the other is low, so analog circuitry «choses» a low. “

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      Reply To: When stacking multiple clips to trigger inputs, the velocity/volume goes down
      Your information:

Copyright by SOMA Laboratory (This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.) Privacy & Cookies Policy
        Right Menu Icon