The new PULSAR-23 Bass Drum module

• Topic
    • Voices

Home Forums Instruments PULSAR-23 The new PULSAR-23 Bass Drum module The new PULSAR-23 Bass Drum module

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author

SomaLabs
    Keymaster

Please take a photo of your BD module and send it to somasynthsEU at gmail . com with this question. By now there should be a solution for all older Pulsars, but please check for specifics with customer support.

#13260 Reply

Max

I have a serial number below the -0699. It’s a white Pulsar. How can I get the BD module? Thank you!

#13261 Reply

SomaLabs
        Keymaster

We have BD modules for all Pulsars now, please email somasynthsEU at gmail . com for more information and to order

#13770 Reply

Hofi

Hey

My P23 got serial number

Orange P23OEU1131

Do I need it NEW?

Thx

#13771 Reply

SomaLabs
            Keymaster

Hi! You already have the new module with the switch to choose between the old and new BD behavior. Just unscrew the 8 screws on the back of your Pulsar, lift up the back plate and you will find the switch in the corner of the BD module.

The BD oscillator restart switch is in the left bottom corner.
              In the up position, marked as STAB, the BD oscillator will restart on each BD trigger.
              In the down position, the BD works in the original Pulsar mode.
              To make the restart function work stable, ATT knob must be in the minimum or very close to it.
              REL must be short enough to decay before the next triggering.
              Triggering velocity must be close to the maximum.
              In some settings stability may also depends on TUNE knob position.

#13814 Reply

tnunnery
              Participant

Hi! I just ordered a BD board. Are there any plans to recycle the old boards into something cool? A DIY Eurorack module maybe?

Thanks!

#13817 Reply

SomaLabs
                Keymaster

Hi! We are indeed thinking about a neat solution for the old BD boards, but we haven’t really had the time yet to come up with concrete idea. We’ll definitely make a post about it once we have it ready!

#13883 Reply

Vic

<b>Any link or video to check the difference? I need to hear It before purchase It. 😊</b>

#13884 Reply

Vic

<b>Any link or video to check the difference? I need to hear It before purchase It. 😊</b>

#13900 Reply

tnunnery
                      Participant

That’s super exciting! Looking forward to a neat solution for “old” boards.

#13940 Reply

subconscious0
                        Participant

so if I have a yellow one, the position from the manufacturer will be down (classic pulsar-23) position?

If I want to enable it, are there any images or videos on how to open the chassis safely?

Cheers,

#13942 Reply

SomaLabs
                          Keymaster

Correct, it comes from the factory in the classic Pulsar mode.

To open the chassis, just disconnect it from the power mains, flip it over, unscrew the 8 screws and gently lift up the back plate. You will see the BD pcb all the way to the right, and the switch is in the corner of the pcb. Then just replace the back plate, screw in the screws, and you’re done!

If you would like a photo of what it looks like, please send an email to [email protected] and we will provide one for you.

#13967 Reply

subconscious0
                            Participant

I posted some nice photos, but they are awaiting moderation for a while

#13951 Reply

subconscious0
                              Participant

Here are some photos  I took today

Pulsar-23 open chassis BD
                                soma pulsar-23 open chasis1

#13970 Reply

SomaLabs
                                Keymaster

Thanks for the head’s up, not sure why your post got stuck in limbo. Approved! And thank you for posting 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
                                Reply To: The new PULSAR-23 Bass Drum module
                                Your information:

Copyright by SOMA Laboratory (This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.) Privacy & Cookies Policy
                                  Right Menu Icon