The new PULSAR-23 Bass Drum module

• Topic
    • Voices

Home Forums Instruments PULSAR-23 The new PULSAR-23 Bass Drum module The new PULSAR-23 Bass Drum module

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

SomaLabs
    Keymaster

Hi Pulsar owners!

1) If your Pulsar has a higher serial number​ than the ones below it already has the new BD option (BD version 2.6.10.21.PL) and you can start using it by flipping the switch on the PCB inside:

White – P23WEU0699
      Black – P23BEU0982
      Orange – P23OEU0837
      Zanzibar – P23ZEU0024
      Pink – all
      Green – all
      Pacifist – all
      Yellow – all
      White, Black, Red / Gold – all

The BD oscillator restart switch is in the bottom-left corner of the PCB.
      In the up position, marked as STAB, the BD oscillator will restart on each BD trigger. In the down position, the BD works in the original Pulsar mode.
      To make the restart function work stable, ATT knob must be in the minimum or very close to it. REL must be short enough to decay before the next triggering.
      Triggering velocity must be close to the maximum.
      In some settings stability may also depend on TUNE knob position.

2) Installing the new BD module in older Pulsars

We are still in the process of establishing installation procedures for all versions of older Pulsars. To find out which version you have, open up your Pulsar by removing the 8 screws on the back and lifting up the back plate. On the BD module there will be a version number.

Currently we know that Pulsars with BD version 2.4.08.20.PL are compatible with the new BD module. You just need to remove the existing board and replace it with the new one like this:

First you need to remove the current BD PCB. Using a tweezer you need to release the four latches by squeezing them. Then you pull the BD board up by pulling on it equally on the top and bottom sides.

Install the new BD board carefully by pressing the opposite edges down equally.

3) Older BD versions

We are currently in the process of learning how to install the new module in older BD versions. Please contact us with your BD version or send a photo of your current BD board for more information.

#9822 Reply

Bradley Peddinani

Hi,

i have serial number P23WEU0179. I would like the new BD module.

#12087 Reply

Bob Rogue

Hi There,

My BD version<b> is 2.4.08.20. </b>Mine doesn’t say PL. Should it work? If so, how to we order the replacement board?

Thanks again for this wonderful machine and the attention to continuously improve it!

#12088 Reply

SomaLabs
          Keymaster

Hi! It’s fine that it doesn’t say PL. Please send an email to [email protected] stating that you’d like to order the BD module, along with your current BD version.

#12109 Reply

Will The Weirdo

I have a Blue Pulsar 23, SN P23ZEU0134, do I need the new PCB?

#12115 Reply

SomaLabs
              Keymaster

Hi! You already have the new module with the switch to choose between the old and new BD behavior. Just unscrew the 8 screws on the back, lift up the back plate and you will find the switch in the corner of the BD module.

Your serial is higher than Zanzibar – P23ZEU0024

#12710 Reply

Salty

So the one I’m planning on purchasing has serial P23RU0299. That means it’s already in there, correct? Just wanted to make sure, thanks 🙂

#12711 Reply

SomaLabs
                  Keymaster

That one still has the older version. Please send an email to Soma customer support at somasynthsEU at gmail . com to get the details and costs for buying the new BD module, if you are interested in ordering it. It is very easy to replace yourself, no soldering required.

#12811 Reply

Oh Yan !

Hi !

I’m not sure to understand “all” for the black one.

My s.n. :     P23BEU0759

Thank you !

#12812 Reply

SomaLabs
                      Keymaster

Hi!

Please contact Soma customer support  somasynthsEU at gmail dot com with your serial and a picture of your current BD module. You can access it by removing the 8 screws on the back and lifting up the back plate.

Your serial number is somewhat older but will still be compatible with the new BD module.

#12814 Reply

Napotronix

Hi, I have the ‘mint’ coloured one, so I presume it has the new module. Which setting is the default?

#12815 Reply

SomaLabs
                          Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, your Pulsar will have the new module. Retriggering the waveform is enabled by default.

If you want to see which option is enabled, just unscrew the 8 screws on the back and lift up the back plate.

In the up position, marked as STAB, the BD oscillator will restart on each BD trigger. In the down position, the BD works in the original Pulsar mode.

#13195 Reply

muleddd

Hi,

White Pulsar 23 P23WEU0158 here

I guess i do need the BD module

where can i purchase it? is it available in-stores? or online only?

Also how complicate is the installation?

#13196 Reply

SomaLabs
                              Keymaster

Please email [email protected] to order.

Installing it is very simple. First remove the 8 screws on the back side of your Pulsar, gently lift up the back plate and find the BD module. There are four latches you release by squeezing them with tweezers, then you can remove the BD module.

Install the new BD board carefully pressing the opposite edges equally.
                                The BD oscillator restart switch is in the left bottom corner.
                                In the up position, marked as STAB, the BD oscillator will restart on each BD trigger.
                                In the down position, the BD works in the original Pulsar mode.
                                To make the restart function works stable, ATT knob must be in the minimum or very close to it.
                                REL must be short enough to decay before the next triggering.
                                Triggering velocity must be close to the maximum.
                                In some settings stability may also depends on TUNE knob position.

#13208 Reply

Peter

How about: P23RU0326
                                  Is the module easy replaceable?

best regards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
                                Reply To: The new PULSAR-23 Bass Drum module
                                Your information:

Copyright by SOMA Laboratory (This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.) Privacy & Cookies Policy
                                  Right Menu Icon