The new PULSAR-23 Bass Drum module

• Topic
    • Voices

Home Forums Instruments PULSAR-23 The new PULSAR-23 Bass Drum module The new PULSAR-23 Bass Drum module

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author

liminal
    Participant

My Pulsar just arrived, new, so I’m sure it has the new board.  Before I open it up to change the settings– is there a place I could hear the difference?  Sorry for the repeat question.

Love my Pulsar and Lyra.  Such beautiful instruments.

#14085 Reply

SomaLabs
      Keymaster

We did not make A/B recordings to show the difference, because even slight changes in settings will change the nuance of the kick sound. Depending on settings, there can be no audible difference, or a big difference. Basically each kick will be identical with the switch enabled, whereas with the classic setting each kick can sound slightly different, or a lot different, depending on settings:

The BD oscillator restart switch is in the left bottom corner.
        In the up position, marked as STAB, the BD oscillator will restart on each BD trigger.
        In the down position, the BD works in the original Pulsar mode.
        To make the restart function work stable, ATT knob must be in the minimum or very close to it.
        REL must be short enough to decay before the next triggering.
        Triggering velocity must be close to the maximum of 10V.
        In some settings stability may also depends on TUNE knob position.

#14106 Reply

RP

How about the limited edition – does it have the old or new BD module?

#14107 Reply

RP

How about the limited edition – does it have the old or new BD module?

#14108 Reply

subconscious0
            Participant

What color is it? Mine is Yellow and, yes, it has the new module.

) If your Pulsar has a higher serial number​ than the ones below it already has the new BD option (BD version 2.6.10.21.PL) and you can start using it by flipping the switch on the PCB inside:

White – P23WEU0699
              Black – P23BEU0982
              Orange – P23OEU0837
              Zanzibar – P23ZEU0024
              Pink – all
              Green – all
              Pacifist – all
              Yellow – all
              White, Black, Red / Gold – all

#14112 Reply

Tritone

To all new P23 users – BD by default is set to the old version mode, so when you’ll get your new P23 you need to open the device.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
              Reply To: The new PULSAR-23 Bass Drum module
              Your information:

Copyright by SOMA Laboratory (This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.) Privacy & Cookies Policy
                Right Menu Icon