Raga – the death of my father

• Topic
    • Voices

Home Forums PROJECTS SOMA VISUAL RESEARCH LABORATORY Raga – the death of my father

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anders Børup

A raga about the death of my father.
      Played live on LYRA-8 with a few notes on the Phenol at the end.

The film is made by microscope investigations of rocks and stones.

https://vimeo.com/435904696

#5466 Reply

MaxTheMoon
      Participant

Full of beauty and power – thank you for sharing!

Do you mind telling us a little more about what sort of equipment you are using? What stones / minerals are you filming? Do you have interest in making more?

#5566 Reply

Anders Børup

What a delight to receive feedback. Thank you!

The stones and minerals are more or less randomly picked. I tend to collect stones that I like. I have an old microscope and a microscope USB-camera that fits into a standard microscope tube. Because a traditional microscope has a very narrow depth of field, I get these lines of sharpness when I focus in/out. Something glittering/transparent is by far the easiest to get image from when using the microscope.

After recording different stones, I created the video in Final Cut X – using different blending modes, finding the right clips to match and fit the music.

I always create videos this way: First the music: always improvisation + only a bit of mixing/editing afterwards. Then the video:  Images/footage/a story inspired by the music + heavy editing to make it fit – an improvised beginning with iterations and experimentation moving towards a tight integration with the music – while still leaving plenty of ’empty spaces’ for the viewer and myself to make sense of it.

Here are three other videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTiXug1WEQI&list=PLWm_9zk-dqX29ruR450tD1kN2DyvctVuW 

#6350 Reply

Durdee
          Participant

This is really beautiful and your process is really interesting.  I also enjoy working in the extreme macro side of things, it’s calming to focus so hard on something.  I hope that the process of composition, both visual and sonic, has helped you to process your loss.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          Reply To: Raga – the death of my father
          Your information:

Copyright by SOMA Laboratory (This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.) Privacy & Cookies Policy
            Right Menu Icon