SOMA VISUAL RESEARCH LAB (SOMA VRL)

• Topic
    • Voices

Home Forums PROJECTS SOMA VISUAL RESEARCH LABORATORY SOMA VISUAL RESEARCH LAB (SOMA VRL)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

MaxTheMoon
    Participant

SOMA Visual Research Lab is an experimental, participatory hive for contemporary Visual Artists, Creators, and Performers within the SOMA community. Our purpose is to collectively explore and redefine the boundaries and possibilities of what constitutes Visual accompaniment to Music and Sound.

VRL is a place to share, shape, cross-pollinate, and keep record of our myriad approaches, experiences, and performances with visual media elements – progress on projects, prototypes, open-source software, and calls for collaboration included. This is a place for constructive criticism, offering suggestions, and brainstorming solutions. This is a platform for sharing documentation of prior groundbreaking performances and transmissions, visual technology, works-in-progress, and conceptual dreams soon-to-be. Our individual and collaborative triumphs as well as technical roadblocks will inform and inspire the whole.

SOMA VRL is an amorphous symbiotic organism that thrives through diversity-

Disciplines involved here could include:

Generative and Data Art, Virtual Reality, Theatre, Lighting, Film, Butoh, Ballet, Breakdance, Light Sculpture, Installation, Engineering, Design, 3D Modeling, Coding, Kung Fu, Gestural Painting, and Magic. By no means an exhaustive list – it is missing your unique contribution!

Together, we will explore history and form the future of audio-visual performance, alchemizing ordinary music into multidimensional experience, and creating lasting works to visually represent the sound and spirit of SOMA.

AWESOME FORCES WILL EMERGE

#5422 Reply

miro

great☺️

#5423 Reply

rdomain
        Participant

Sounds good to me!  Look forward to following this development.

#5431 Reply

DarkMoney

Looking forward to hearing about this

#5432 Reply

vilarsia
            Participant

Amazing, can’t wait!

#5435 Reply

Ioana

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Love the initiative! Visuals and music belong together</p>

#5436 Reply

SonicCompost
                Participant

Fantastic idea, looking forward to participating.

#5444 Reply

Input Method

Some amazing idea, would love to hear thoughts on the future of musical experiences and the tools available to bring it to life.

#6163 Reply

petezoid
                    Participant

maaax live [stream] synth orchestra

est/pst/msk timezones on twitch for soma, picture in picture

lets gooo

#6224 Reply

petezoid
                      Participant
                        #13240 Reply

Giovanni Biancofiore

I am a visionary, I love visionaries, I love my synths and above all, I love my Soma Terra.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        Reply To: SOMA VISUAL RESEARCH LAB (SOMA VRL)
                        Your information:

Copyright by SOMA Laboratory (This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.) Privacy & Cookies Policy
                          Right Menu Icon