Reply To: Raga – the death of my father

Home Forums PROJECTS SOMA VISUAL RESEARCH LABORATORY Raga – the death of my father Reply To: Raga – the death of my father

Anders Børup

What a delight to receive feedback. Thank you!

The stones and minerals are more or less randomly picked. I tend to collect stones that I like. I have an old microscope and a microscope USB-camera that fits into a standard microscope tube. Because a traditional microscope has a very narrow depth of field, I get these lines of sharpness when I focus in/out. Something glittering/transparent is by far the easiest to get image from when using the microscope.

After recording different stones, I created the video in Final Cut X – using different blending modes, finding the right clips to match and fit the music.

I always create videos this way: First the music: always improvisation + only a bit of mixing/editing afterwards. Then the video:  Images/footage/a story inspired by the music + heavy editing to make it fit – an improvised beginning with iterations and experimentation moving towards a tight integration with the music – while still leaving plenty of ’empty spaces’ for the viewer and myself to make sense of it.

Here are three other videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTiXug1WEQI&list=PLWm_9zk-dqX29ruR450tD1kN2DyvctVuW 

Copyright by SOMA Laboratory (This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.) Privacy & Cookies Policy
      Right Menu Icon