Any chance of a DIY Pulsar 23?

• Topic
    • Voices

Home Forums Instruments PULSAR-23 Any chance of a DIY Pulsar 23?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

gwpt
    Participant

Hi,

I was wondering if there are any plans for a DIY Pulsar 23?

Thanks

Guy

#4726 Reply

SomaLabs
      Keymaster

Hi Guy,

Thanks for your inquiry! At this time we have no plans to offer a DIY Kit. We may consider this in the future but not anytime soon.

#4729 Reply

gwpt
        Participant

Hi, ok, thanks for the update.
          I’m loving my DIY Lyra 8 !

#6240 Reply

Rig

I too would be interested in a Pulsar 23 kit or even a Ornament-8 kit should they become available?

#12029 Reply

Yeah

I mean i dont know how much action it already was to give the possibility to the people to build the Lyra. … . …

But i also think it wouldnt be that hard to do ? I mean just giving away the PCBs, and providing the Bom + a simplified Building manual. That would be crazy nice actually… Would love to also build that one and Say hello to a new member in my soma family.

#12030 Reply

SomaLabs
              Keymaster

Thanks for your interest in this! We take it as a complement:)

However, it doesn’t make sense for a number of reasons. Pulsar-23 is far more complex than Lyra 8, exponentially so. The risk that something goes wrong is much higher, making it a pretty big financial risk for customers should they mess something up.

A ‘simplified’ building manual is not really realistic due to the complexity of Pulsar-23. It would require a lot of guidance and support from Soma, which would take away time from working on new Soma instruments.

Lastly, in terms of cost it may end up being more expensive than buying an assembled Pulsar-23. We are able to lower costs for customers by purchasing all components and chips in bulk at lower prices, which is not possible for DIY hobbyists. And we have very efficient manufacturing which keeps costs low as well, while also guaranteeing a top quality end product after years of refining the production process and machines we use for Pulsar-23.

We understand your desire to tinker with a DIY Pulsar project as it’s a unique beast, but it’s just not feasible.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              Reply To: Any chance of a DIY Pulsar 23?
              Your information:

Copyright by SOMA Laboratory (This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.) Privacy & Cookies Policy
                Right Menu Icon