Grounding (I think?) question

• Topic
    • Voices

Home Forums Instruments TERRA Grounding (I think?) question

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Iralith
    Participant

Hi all–

I apologize for the cluelessness and the just-a-general-thing-about-electrical-equipment-ness of this question, but . . . er, here goes anyway:

I’ve recently picked up a Terra, and the other night I noticed a little faint finger-tingling from the note sensors when I was playing it at a friend’s house. I don’t have enough basic electrical knowledge to know if this was down to the equipment (Terra –> Microcosm –> little practice amp, in that case), the electrical socket I was plugged into, secret space magic, or whatever. For what it’s worth, I haven’t yet succeeded in replicating the issue back at home, even with the same equipment and cables.

After looking at the manual, I’m guessing (perhaps wrongly, certainly ignorantly) that this is a grounding issue.

My question is: the amount of tingling I’m talking about here is pretty negligible, and I didn’t notice any audio interference. Under circumstances like that, should I still worry that I’m damaging my gear? (If not, I feel like there’s no real problem, but…)

#14727 Reply

SomaLabs
      Keymaster

There is very little chance it will damage your Terra, we’ve never heard of such a case. This is also the first case we’ve received about someone feeling a tingle through their Terra sensors.

Since you can’t replicate it at home with the same setup, it’s probably a sign that the electrical system at your friend’s house is not in great shape, maybe something with that outlet or a deeper problem only an electrician could identify.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      Reply To: Grounding (I think?) question
      Your information:

Copyright by SOMA Laboratory (This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.) Privacy & Cookies Policy
        Right Menu Icon