MIDI Controller through Ableton Clocking to Pulsar 23

• Topic
    • Voices

Home Forums Instruments PULSAR-23 MIDI Controller through Ableton Clocking to Pulsar 23

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Jack

Hi there,

Have gone through some trial and error in configuring a MIDI set up to sequence to the Pulsar 23 through Ableton and was wondering if I may have missed anything simple that may be causing what seems like a very simple issue.

Sequencing using MIDI clip in Ableton like in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIuJyQbBtuI&ab_channel=SOMALaboratory) is a breeze and works no problem. However, the Pulsar only recognises incoming MIDI signal when pressing on the notes inside the MIDI clips, but is unresponsive when I play keys using Keystep. The MIDI signal is showing in the Ableton MIDI clips, however this just does not seem to transmit through to the Puslar. When Keystep is connected direct MIDI out to Pulsar MIDI in, I am able to LRN & trigger, but then cannot sequence from Ableton MIDI clips.

MIDI chain is: Keystep (Connected via USB & MIDI out) > Motu Ultralite Mk3 > Ableton (External Instrument) > Kenton Midi Thru Box > Pulsar 23

Any alternative solutions to be able to keep sequencing in MIDI clips and triggering on KS? Could there maybe something clashing or MIDI trigs not able to go past x amount of stages to be able to trigger Pulsar 23? Might have missed something simple, but at a loose end now.

Any help appreciated 🙂

Cheers!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    Reply To: MIDI Controller through Ableton Clocking to Pulsar 23
    Your information:

Copyright by SOMA Laboratory (This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.) Privacy & Cookies Policy
      Right Menu Icon