SIMPLEXFM FAQ

• Topic
    • Voices

Home Forums Instruments SIMPLEXFM SIMPLEXFM FAQ

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

SomaLabs
    Keymaster

This topic is for commonly asked questions and issues getting SimplexFM up and running on your MetaConformer.

#14615 Reply

SomaLabs
      Keymaster

1) My Window or Mac computer is not seeing MetaConformer when I connect it, after I press the RST button on the back while holding the CFG button.

-Try another USB cable (this was the solution for one user)

-Try the button combination at least a half dozen times, but not too quickly after each other. Give it a few seconds before trying it again. Sometimes it just takes time for the OS to connect with MetaConformer. It’s for this step:

While holding the CFG button, press the RST button. Once it’s detected by your computer, all its LEDs will light up and your computer will open MetCon, showing an empty folder. Sometimes it takes several tries before it makes a connection, it’s normal.

2) I was able to connect MetaConformer to my computer, copied the SimplexFM firmware file into MC’s folder and renamed it to blink.bin, but I am not getting any sound from it.

-check which type (A or B) your MIDI cable is and make sure MetaConformer has the switch set to the corresponding position.

-make sure your MIDI cable is connected to the LEFT midi input on MetaConformer.

-make sure your audio cable is connected to the output all the way to the right on MetaConformer

-make sure your MIDI keyboard or sequencer is set to Channel 5,6,7,8

If you’ve been randomly pressing buttons and making button combinations on MetaConformer with the SimplexFM firmware installed, trying to get it to make sound, it’s likely you changed settings. Some button combos can make the synth silent, or change the MIDI channels etc. So once you’ve verified that all cables are inserted correctly, your sequencer is sending messages to channels 5,6,7, or 8, it’s a good idea to reset all SimplexFM voices as follows:

To init all voices to default settings.
        to init voice 1, press and hold < + button 1 for 3 seconds
        to init voice 2, press and hold < + button 2 for 3 seconds
        to init voice 3, press and hold < + button 3 for 3 seconds
        to init voice 4, press and hold < + button 4 for 3 seconds
        Do this in sequence, you have to do it for each voice separately.
        If you still are unable to get sound after following these steps, please make a video of your setup and the installation process (so we see how you install the SimplexFM firmware and how your MetaConformer is connected) and send it to [email protected]
      Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      Reply To: SIMPLEXFM FAQ
      Your information:

Copyright by SOMA Laboratory (This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.) Privacy & Cookies Policy
        Right Menu Icon