Dynamic sensor sensitivity

• Topic
    • Voices

Home Forums Instruments TERRA Dynamic sensor sensitivity

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Faberger

Hello,

I’ve recently purchased the Terra and noticed that the dynamic sensors A-B-C-D vary wildly in their sensitivity. Have confirmed this by controlling a VST synth and seeing the behaviour visually.

C seems the most sensible, B and D are a bit more sensitive, however A is near unusable in being oversensitive.

This behaviour is also very apparent just playing the instrument on its own.

Another example, pushing the sensors from the side with the same finger. 3 of them end up end up a bit past half but can never be fully “pushed”, A ends up being fully pushed easily.

Is this expected behavior?

#13330 Reply

apzlo
      Participant

Hi

I noticed the same but adjusted my playing. You can also re-calibrate any dynamic sensors. Looks like needs to be done with Terra connected to grounded equipment, and avoiding body contact with ground/etc. See manual, page 25.

#13331 Reply

Faberger

Hey thanks!

#13333 Reply

apzlo
          Participant

You’re welcome!

Relatedly, I’ve found that for some engines in which sensor A controls pitch (down until oscillator stops) you can achieve a nice “ducking”-like effect by rhythmically tapping it. In other engines, the same sensor controls volume the same way (sidechain-like effect).

Initially I thought I’d use the pitch down to achieve theremin-like pitch control but (for me at least) it’s too hard, now I use it mostly for the above. Just an idea 🙂

#13463 Reply

mgroth
            Participant

Can you please tell me how you got Terra to work as a midi controller? I have tried what is in the manual but cannot get it to work. Made a forum post about this several weeks ago but have not had any responses. Thanks.

#13532 Reply

SomaLabs
              Keymaster

Hi Mgroth,

Can you please contact Soma support at [email protected] and send a video of how you are setting up Terra as MIDI controller. This will help us analyze what could be the problem so we can help you solve it.

-Soma support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              Reply To: Dynamic sensor sensitivity
              Your information:

Copyright by SOMA Laboratory (This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.) Privacy & Cookies Policy
                Right Menu Icon