How to use a mono pedal with Terra’s stereo output.

• Topic
    • Voices

Home Forums Instruments TERRA How to use a mono pedal with Terra’s stereo output.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

dawaim
    Participant

Hi all, new Terra user here. And I don’t have much experience with guitar pedals either and I’m not sure how people normally handle transitioning from a stereo signal out to a mono input.

What I have is a mono looper pedal (Blooper by Chase Bliss). Would it be best to use just a single TS cable out from either the L or R output into Blooper? I expect I would lose stereo information from Terra’s delay & reverb this way.

Or can I use a TRS Y-Split cable into the Blooper, with the two TS ends coming from Terra’s L/R outputs? I expect this would be functionally the same as using just one TS cable.

Or would I need to use something in between to sum the signals into mono before going into Blooper? Like a mixer, for example?

Cheers

#13441 Reply

hermansmasher
      Participant

Hey dawaim 🙂

See the manual on page 16, where it states that you can use either of the TS/TRS outputs. “Connecting only one jack to any of the two outputs activates a mono-output mode: the output’s stereo signal folds down into mono. The headphones output then also goes mono”.

As far as I know, Blooper has only mono I/O, so it would be probably best to use a simple TS mono jack cable from Terra to Blooper, as the latter wouldn’t make any use of the TRS.

Hope that helped 🙂

#13442 Reply

dawaim
        Participant

Ah thank you! Yeah I totally missed that in the manual.. appreciate the help and the kindness. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        Reply To: How to use a mono pedal with Terra’s stereo output.
        Your information:

Copyright by SOMA Laboratory (This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.) Privacy & Cookies Policy
          Right Menu Icon