Hum from center pyramid

• Topic
    • Voices

Home Forums Instruments ENNER Hum from center pyramid

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Ezekiel Sulkes

Hello!

I recently acquired a Tree Frog Enner and am loving it.  What a fascinating instrument–truly astonishing.  I have a question regarding sound coming from the center pyramid.  When I am patching the center pyramid without input from either the pulse-side or synth-side, electrical hum emits from the Enner.  Does anyone have any guidance on how to eliminate this hum?

Thanks so much!

#8476 Reply

noiseg33k
      Participant

Some hum/feedback/bleed-through when touching the center pyramid (especially the top portion/delay lines) without patching anything into it is normal. Especially with the L and R delay lines.

#9730 Reply

LourdQ

I also have a him issue that seems to have popped up only recently. When it first arrived everything seemed to function as should. The him is definitely a grounding him tone, and seems to attenuate all the other signals. Except for noise, all other segments in the pyramid have the same hum even when no other pad is being touched. I’ve swapped AC adapters but doesn’t seem to help.

#9731 Reply

LourdQ

Autocorrect tried to help, but in fact I have a hum issue that seems to have popped up only recently. When it first arrived everything seemed to function as should. The HUM is definitely a ground HUM type of tone which seems to attenuate all the other signals.
            Except for noise, all other segments in the pyramid have the same hum even when no other pad is being touched.

I’ve swapped AC adapters but doesn’t seem to help.

#12813 Reply

Benamad

To get rid of the hum (ground problem):

1) connect the Enner to a grounded mixer.

2) if you don’t use mixer like me, use a proper alim : I use the power supply of Microfreak and it eliminated the hum. I think because microfreak has touchplates, Arturia found the right power supply.

#13458 Reply

nBot

I’ve got the very same ground hum, when touching the pyramid “Audio In”-plates which is absolutely annoying and makes the Enner unplayable.

Using the original power supply, tried a couple of others, but to no avail.

#13749 Reply

PhiL

Me too I have the same hum output as you all reported. I tried to ground the Enner to the mixer ground but I to no avail. However, when I ground myself, the hum is a bit less when I touch the pyramid. Well, I’m gonna sell mine soon if this problem cannot be solved.

#13762 Reply

PhiL

Evn thgough Soma stated in the documentation that you should connect the Enner to ground, then why did Soma not put a ground connector to the Enner?

#13763 Reply

SomaLabs
                    Keymaster

It is normal that Enner exhibits more noise and hum than traditional synths, it’s inherent to the design and not a sign of a defect. Some days it will feel louder than others, but this will be a subjective experience.

Regarding ground, this is mentioned in the manual:

A normal grounding connection at the electric socket, which is carried through the power cord to your audio equipment to which the ENNER is connected, is sufficient.

This means that, as long as the rest of your studio/apartment/live setup has a proper ground, Enner will be grounded.

#14070 Reply

Paulius

i have the same problem. feeding microfreak didn’t help. are there any other solutions? I can’t find the information anywhere. this post is the only one I could find. I don’t know how to do it. return the instrument or not. SOMA maybe you can advise?

#14094 Reply

JussiB

My Enner has just developed this problem too. Right before a gig where it’s my main instrument, and it’s a key part of the entire performance 😬

I’ve had my Enner for about a year and previously no problems, both at more and gigging. Here at home it’s plugged into the same gear in the same house, same domestic electrical circuit.

Right now just raising my hand to say “me too”.

Soma, can we get some help here?

#14095 Reply

JussiB

My Enner has just developed this problem too. Right before a gig where it’s my main instrument, and it’s a key part of the entire performance 😬

I’ve had my Enner for about a year and previously no problems, both at more and gigging. Here at home it’s plugged into the same gear in the same house, same domestic electrical circuit.

Right now just raising my hand to say “me too”.

Soma, can we get some help here?

#14096 Reply

SomaLabs
                            Keymaster

For tech support, please record a video with audio recorded to computer and send it to [email protected]. It’s important we see all settings clearly and how you play it.

-Soma support

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            Reply To: Hum from center pyramid
                            Your information:

Copyright by SOMA Laboratory (This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.) Privacy & Cookies Policy
                              Right Menu Icon