Lyra Ornament adaptor issue

• Topic
    • Voices

Home Forums Instruments ORNAMENT-8 Lyra Ornament adaptor issue

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Leon

Hi there!

I have been using my Ornament 8 with my Lyra via the adaptor and it mostly works as intended. However: There are occasions where some (or all) voices of the Lyra with the FAST switch set in the UP position will be continuously sustained by the adaptor even when the adaptor is not connected to the Ornament 8 in any way- as if the touchplates were being touched by hand, even though there is nothing capacitive bridging the ground to the trigger. I’m not sure what causes this behavior- it seems random to me at the moment.

Has anyone else experienced this? I’m not sure if my adaptor is faulty or if there is some other issue at play. If the FAST switches are set to the DOWN position then they behave as expected. It’s definitely an issue with the adaptor and not the Ornament itself- as I say; this behavior is exhibited even when not connected to the Ornament.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

Cheers

#13931 Reply

SomaLabs
      Keymaster

Hi Leon,

This is not intended, but it can happen unfortunately. It’s not due to any defect or damage.

Lyra touch plates are high-impedance, and anything touching them can act like an antenna and trigger the unit. Unfortunately nothing can be done here, other than what you already do.

When you’re not using the adapter with Ornament, remove it from Lyra to prevent any undesired triggering.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      Reply To: Lyra Ornament adaptor issue
      Your information:

Copyright by SOMA Laboratory (This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.) Privacy & Cookies Policy
        Right Menu Icon