Portative battery for Terra ?

• Topic
    • Voices

Home Forums Instruments TERRA Portative battery for Terra ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Cathodique
    Participant

Hello fellow Terrans !
      I was wondering if you know how to make the Terra more portative (play outside) with an external battery if so which one can be nice ?

Does anyone already tried it ?
      Terra specs :

Power supply voltage
      DC 12 V *

Consumption current
      0.2 A

* TERRA comes with a high quality power supply . If it gets lost, use a high-quality modern switched-mode power supply with 12 V output voltage, at least 0.4 A maximum current, 5.5 x 2.1 mm DC jack, center “+”.

Best regards

#13321 Reply

SomaLabs
      Keymaster

A few people have successfully tried this, so it’s definitely possible.

Keep in mind that low cost/ poor quality external power banks can bring some noise or interference. It depends on the quality of the filters on converter output. You need a powerbank that provides

-12V DC, 500mA minimum
        -center positive polarity
        -2.1mm plug

Just make sure you buy something that gets good
        reviews, there are powerbanks out there that check all the boxes. Most come with interchangable plugs in different sizes with positive on one side and negative on the other, so it’s important you get the polarity right to avoid damage. Other than a plug that fits of course, but 2.1mm is pretty common.

#13327 Reply

jnnnik
        Participant

I used to use a Baseus 65W battery bank with my Terra using a USB-C Power Delivery to 12V 2.1mm center positive cable and it’s been nothing short of amazing. Love taking this instrument places.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        Reply To: Portative battery for Terra ?
        Your information:

Copyright by SOMA Laboratory (This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.) Privacy & Cookies Policy
          Right Menu Icon