Reply To: Feature request – Using MIDI IN to load tuning presets

Home Forums Instruments TERRA Feature request – Using MIDI IN to load tuning presets Reply To: Feature request – Using MIDI IN to load tuning presets

apzlo
Participant

Stelvia,

Just to clarify (as I don’t want to discourage anyone from getting a Terra): it is fairly easy to switch scales/chords by loading just the tuning preset from another memory slot into the current instrument.

One way to think about it is, even though you have 96 memory slots and each one has its own instrument/key tuning settings, you can think of them as semi-independent.

And it’s fairly quick to load:

• load preset by pressing L then A-D or 1-12 (a two button press if you’re within the right bank)
    • load tuning from another slot by pressing L then tuning fork then A-D/1-12 (three buttons, this loads whole scale/chord)

My original comment is that changing whole tunings often needs to happen quicker and more often (eg  every song part change or every few bars even)  vs. changing instruments (maybe a couple times in a composition if any). Hence my somewhat “greedy” request to make loading tunings EVEN faster and less prone to accidentally switching instruments (as both use similar key combo). On the other hand, with ambient or slower music this is mostly a non-issue, current method is definitely fast enough (takes me about half a second and I haven’t practiced THAT much yet!)

I hope this helps. Terra is still amazing and I haven’t put it down since I got it.

Copyright by SOMA Laboratory (This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.) Privacy & Cookies Policy
      Right Menu Icon